Monday, February 20, 2012

Night Hiking



Juice box #3 was much more sly than the others.

He was beautiful and blond...he played for the school volleyball team....so VERY athletic. We met in class...sharing notes for the days that we was out traveling with the team. Which by the way...a word about school athletes...they get out of soooo many assignments just for being cool! It is totally not fair. He would blame his late homework on "extended practices." Oh dear...

Anyway...so one night I had eaten one too many Oreos to feel comfortable going to sleep. I knew the fat was going to take over my thighs if I didn't get out and do something active. But it was later at night and soon the idea of a night hike excited me. I didn't want to go alone for fear of being raped or attacked by a wild bear..who knew what danger lurked in the woods! So I called up my class partner. I knew he was athletic enough to make it up the mountain and lets face it...I was looking for a little more alone time :). When I called him up, he quickly agreed and I met him at his place and we headed over.

The weather was chilly so I made sure to put on multiple layers. But not too many that it took away from my figure...because you know ladies, fashion and beauty must take precedence when with men. Especially if there is a possibly future with him. Well we get to the mountain and begin the climb.

Five minutes into the brisk walk, he turns to me..."Wait, are we really hiking?" I look at him, confused. "Yes, that's why I called you..." He looked at me and then turned away. Quickly he turned back, "I thought you just wanted to makeout!"

The words hit me like a ton of bricks...really? Where did he get that from? Night hike, I thought so clearly meant NIGHT HIKE! Definitely not, "kiss me now".....

At a loss of words I answered as all infatuated women do, "Well if you want to!"

He smiled and turned around and started walking back down the mountain. How did this happen? I thought to myself. But I couldn't believe that we were actually about to makeout until after getting back to the car. He pulled out a blanket and layed in on the ground overlooking the city. It was gorgeous...and he was gorgeous...so why not?!

....3 weeks later it ended....I wonder why!

No comments:

Post a Comment